Our pharmacy covers a myriad of products. Our product range is carefully chosen and designed to meet the requirements of all age groups. It is competitively priced and very high standards of storage are maintained.
Good nutrition can help prevent diseases and promote health. There are six categories of nutrients that the body needs to acquire from food: proteins, carbohydrates, fats, fibres, vitamins and minerals.
• Proteins aid in the normal growth and development of human body. Protein deficiency causes diseases like marasmus and kwashiorkor which cause excessive weakness and even death in severe cases.
• Carbohydrates are the main source of energy. Carbohydrate metabolism disorders can affect the nervous system adversely.
• The body stores energy primarily in the form of fats. Fats enable absorption of Vitamins A, D, E and K and supply essential fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6, which the body cannot produce itself. Low fat diet can lead to vitamin deficiency.
• Fibres aid in proper digestion and bowel functions. Lack of fibre in food may lead to digestion related problems and even elevated cholesterol levels at times.
• Vitamins and minerals are required for healthy growth of bones, muscles, hair and skin etc. They are also essential in the proper functioning of various body organs. Vitamin deficiency can lead to a number of ill effects like poor eye sight, fatigue, hair loss, skin problems, delayed healing of wounds, weakness, memory loss, depression, etc. Inadequate quantity of minerals in diet may lead to week bones and teeth, weight loss, fatigue, weakness, etc.
The food that we consume may at times not fulfil our actual nutritional requirements. However, it is still possible to maintain a regular intake of all these nutrients.